We are building a top-notch think tank.
We’ve been working on this initiative for some time now, and it’s a good time to share a little more about what we want to do.
The Takshashila Institution—an independent, non-partisan, non-profit organisation—contributes towards building the intellectual foundations of an India that has global interests.
The ancient city of Takshashila was the site of perhaps the world’s oldest public policy school. It was the intellectual fountainhead not only of Indian statecraft but indeed of all walks of human endeavour.
The Takshashila Institution derives inspiration from that civilisational lighthouse in the pursuit of its contemporary objectives.
Mission & Goals
The Takshashila Institution is registered as a non-profit trust in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Its mission is to:
- Study and develop public policies with a view towards promoting the well-being, prosperity, happiness and security of all Indians
- Promote responsible citizenship, economic freedom, realism in international relations, an open society and a culture of tolerance
- Provide advisory services for government agencies, non-governmental organisations and corporations on matters of public policy and governance.
- Increase public awareness and education on strategic affairs, international relations, national security and economic policies, through the publication of articles, periodicals, books and online activities.
- Conduct seminars and conferences towards the furtherance of these objectives
- Grant aid or render assistance to other public charitable trusts or institutions having similar objects.
Takshashila is a next-generation “networked” think-tank, connecting individuals and ideas across physical locations.
At this time we are looking for individuals who can contribute either intellectually or financially to help bootstrap the institution. If you identify with Takshashila’s values—or know someone who does—and would like to make a meaningful contribution towards improving the quality of governance in India, please contact me.